A year has passed in the blink of an eye and it’s time again to usher in the new year. Attending a New Year Eve’s countdown party with family, friends or loved ones is a common activity on this very last day of the year to bask in the festive atmosphere.
Whether you are a Thai resident, tourist, or foreign expat, join one of these major 2023 countdown parties in Bangkok below:
- centralwOrld Bangkok Countdown – Free
- Amazing Thailand Countdown – Free
- Mono29 Pattaya Countdown – Free
- NEON Countdown – From THB 2,200
- White Party Bangkok – From THB 2,800
centralwOrld Bangkok Countdown
Photos via centralwOrld Bangkok Countdown / Youtube
CentralWorld, the iconic shopping complex in the Pratunam district, will be holding its new year countdown party once again this year.
The event in 2022/2023 this year features Korean superstar Rain (Jung Ji-hoon 정지훈) and 10 renowned Thai artists such as PP Krit, Billkin, Bowkylion, and Oat Pramote who will be performing from 6 pm till late into the night. The highlight of the night is none other than the 15-minute fireworks that will set off as the clock strikes twelve.
If you are unable to get into the event space to watch the performance on the day, you can still catch the fireworks on the Pratunam Sky Bridge (also known as Ratchaprasong Skyline Walk), pathways, hotels, or shopping malls in the vicinity.
- Location: Outdoor Event Space, Ground Floor, centralwOrld [Map]
- Event Date / Time: 31 December 2022, 6:00pm – 1 January 2023, 12:30am
- Nearest BTS station: Chit Lom
- 4, 4/5 Ratchadamri Rd, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- 4, 4/5 ถนน ราชดำริ แขวง ปทุมวัน เขตปทุมวัน กรุงเทพมหานคร 10330
- Admission Fee: Free
Amazing Thailand Countdown
Photos via Amazing Thailand Countdown / Youtube
Supported by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, this new year countdown event is the biggest countdown party in Bangkok for 2023.
There will be a spectacular fireworks show choreographed by Japanese master Oguchi Yoshimasa at midnight. On top of this, keep yourself entertained with a host of performances by local and international artists such as Mark Tuan of GOT7, Last Idol, Tytan, and Atom Chanakan.
While this event is free to attend, a ticket is required to be admitted. The ticket can be redeemed by either participating in various activities or making a purchase at ICONSIAM. For those who are unable to get the tickets, get a spot along the iconic Chao Phraya River to watch the fireworks as you usher in 2023.
- Location: River Park, Ground Floor, ICONSIAM [Map]
- Event Date / Time: 31 December 2022, 6:00pm – 1 January 2023, 1:30am
- Nearest BTS station: Charoen Nakhon (New Gold Line)
- 299 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Khlong Ton Sai, Khlong San, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
- 299 ถ. เจริญนคร แขวง คลองต้นไทร เขตคลองสาน กรุงเทพมหานคร 10600
- Admission Fee: Free (tickets required for admission)
Mono29 Pattaya Countdown
Photos via Mono29 Pattaya Countdown / Youtube
We feel like we must include Mono29 Pattaya Countdown, though it is not in Bangkok. Luckily, Pattaya is just a 2 hours drive away from Bangkok.
This 3-night music festival includes a line-up of close to 20 renowned local and international celebrities and bands. Notably, the countdown performance will be headlined by international sensations BamBam from GOT7, Korean superstar Sunmi, and Sandara Park from 2NE1.
For K-POP fans and those who intend to take a break over the long weekend from Bangkok, consider visiting this NYE party in Pattaya. A bus ride from Bangkok to Pattaya takes only 2-3 hours and costs around THB 150 per trip. Admission to the event is free.
Bali Hai Pier ท่าเรือแหลมบาลีฮาย
- Location: Bali Hai Pier (Near Bali Hai Bus Station) [Map]
- Event Date / Time
- 29 -30 December 2023: 5:00pm till late
- 31 December 2023, 5:00pm – 1 January 2023, 1:00am
- South Pattaya Road, Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- ถนน พัทยาใต้ เมืองพัทยา อำเภอบางละมุง ชลบุรี 20150
- Admission Fee: Free
Photos via NEON Countdown / Facebook
Taking place at an abandoned theme park on the outskirt of Bangkok, this 3-day countdown party starts on Friday, 30 December 2022, and ends in the wee hours on the first day of 2023.
This music festival features over a dozen of internationally acclaimed DJs such as Alan Walker, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Nervo, Coone, Vini Vici, and Afrojack. It is a must-attend event for all ravers and Electronic Dance Music (EDM) lovers.
Are you ready to put your hands up in the air this New Year’s Eve? This event is for adults aged 20 and above only.
Wonder World Extreme Park วันเดอร์เวิลด์
- Location: Wonder World Extreme Park [Map]
- Date: 30 December 2022 – 1 January 2023
- 41 Kanchanaphisek Rd, Khan Na Yao, Bangkok 10230, Thailand
- 41 ถ. กาญจนาภิเษก แขวง คันนายาว เขตคันนายาว กรุงเทพมหานคร 10230
- Admission Fee: THB 2,200 – 6,000 per person
White Party Bangkok
Photos via White Party Bangkok / Facebook
White Party Bangkok, the biggest annual gay New Year Party in Thailand, is back this year with 5 themed parties over 4 days.
This is an event that many in the LGBTQ+ community look forward to attending every year. Other than raving to the nonstop dance music jockeyed by renowned DJs, there will also be live performances and a countdown show to celebrate the special occasion.
For those who feel a countdown is not complete without fireworks, simply take 20 minutes off the dance floor close to midnight on New Year’s Eve to go to the ground floor and join the crowd in the centralwOrld Bangkok Countdown.
centralwOrld LIVE เซ็นทรัลเวิลด์ ไลฟ์
- Location: 8th Floor, centralwOrld [Map]
- Date: 29 December 2022 – 1 January 2023 (All night parties)
- Time: 8:00pm till late
- 4, 4/4, 4/1-4/2 Ratchadamri Rd, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
- 4, 4/4, 4/1-4/2 ถนน ราชดำริ แขวง ปทุมวัน เขตปทุมวัน กรุงเทพมหานคร 10330
Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel อวานี พลัส ริเวอร์ไซด์ กรุงเทพฯ
- Location: Within Riverside Plaza Bangkok [Map]
- Date: 30 December 2022 (Pool party)
- Time: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
- 257 Charoen Nakhon Rd, Samre, Thon Buri, Bangkok 10600, Thailand
- 257 ถ. เจริญนคร แขวง สำเหร่ เขตธนบุรี กรุงเทพมหานคร 10600
- Admission: THB 2,800 – 10,500 per person